Ken Roczen Grabs First 2021 450SX Class Win and Stretches Factors Lead
Colt Nichols Repeats 250SX Class Win and Takes Over Title Standings
Triumphantly returning to The state of affairs of final yr’s first venue cancellation, the Monster Power AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship delivered An night Of huge thrills to the restricted-performance in-particular person followers inside Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Group Honda HRC’s Ken Roczen grabbed the 450SX Class victory at Spherical 4, his first win of 2021, with Monster Power Kawasaki’s Eli Tomac proper behind and round 3 winner Purple Bull KTM’s Cooper Webb preventing his Method To Third. Inside the Japanese Regional 250SX Class, Monster Power Star Racing Yamaha’s Colt Nichols turned The primary repeat winner of the season in both class, againing up his Spherical 3 win with a dominating wire-to-wire victory.
Ken Roczen (#94) was on a mission to win in Indy. He did, in thrilling style, and extfinished his points lead in The tactic. Photograph Credit rating: Feld Leisure, Inc.
Spherical two winner Eli Tomac grabbed the holeshot and Appeared to have the velocity to run away with the win however when he washed out in a nook and hit The beneathside his Monster Power Kawasaki teammate, Adam Cianciarulo, took over the lead spot. The three prime runners – Cianciarulo, Roczen, and Tomac – ran an thrilling race, with the three journeyrs competing within a second Of every completely different. After a quantity of assaults, And typically getting his entrance wheel previous Cianciarulo’s rear wheel, Roczen made a clear move into the lead proper earlier than the race clock ticked Right down to 10 minutes in the 20-minute plus one lap event.
Tomac acquired round Cianciarulo in The subsequent nook and resumed chase of the Honda journeyr, however Roczen inched out A area of curiosity that reveryed three seconds earlier than a mistake despatched Roczen off the monitor. He re-entered simply behind Tomac and Briefly order acquired again into the lead. The journeyrs hit the finish line marker with a single second on the clock, extfinishing the race by An further lap. Tomac reprimaryed proper on Roczen however by no means acquired shut enough to make a move.
Behind them, Cooper Webb moved by way of The sector after a mid-pack start, nabbing The final podium spot from Cianciarulo in the whoops with beneath two minutes left on the race clock. Maybe In all probability the most spectacular cost of the Evening time, Rockstar Power Husqvarna Manufacturing unit Racing’s Zach Osborne, moved As a lot as finish in fifth after getting caught in The starting gate and starting the race in final place.
Colt Nichols is The primary repeat winner of 2021, placing his Yamaha again on prime with a dominating win On The primary race of the Indy triple-header. Photograph Credit rating: Feld Leisure, Inc.
Colt Nichols agained up his Spherical 3 win in the Japanese Regional 250SX Class by grabbing the holeshot and driving almost flawlessly to a commanding win. Nichols’ Monster Power Star Racing Yamaha teammate Christian Craig spent A lot of the race in second with out strain whereas Group Honda HRC’s Jett Lawrence recovered from early race problem; after hitting a false impartial on The start After which sprimeping to primarytain away from contact with ancompletely different journeyr on a wall impediment that had him againing the bike and remounting, Lawrence Appeared like he’d have a salvage journey Evening time. However the sophomore Aussie started slicing by way of the pack. He caught Craig on The final lap, and two nooks from The prime the journeyrs acquired here collectively and each went off the monitor. Jett recovered quicklyer, however each misplaced two places Just a few dozen yards from the checkers.
The return to Indianapolis marks the collection’ spectacular response to the pandemic shutdowns; final yr’s Indy round was The primary postponed and re-scheduled to Utah. With The safety efforts taken by Feld Leisure the Indy race followers, seated in pod-type preparations, will take pleasure in three rounds this yr, collectively with the second-ever SuperTuesday round on February 2nd, and The final Indy event on Saturday, February Sixth. Tickets Can be found On these rounds As properly as to The subsequent six rounds of the collection, with tickets for The final 5 races are Occurring sale quickly. For The complete event schedule, airtimes on Peacock and NBCSN, and ticket information please go to SupercrossLIVE.com.
450SX Class podium (journeyrs left to proper) Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, and Cooper Webb. Photograph Credit rating: Feld Leisure, Inc.
450SX Class Outcomes
- Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki
- Cooper Webb, Newport N.C., KTM
- Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna Bevery, Fla., Kawasaki
- Zach Osborne, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna
- Dylan Ferrandis, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Yamaha
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.Mex., Husqvarna
- Joey Savatgy, Clermont, Fla., KTM
- Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha
- Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM
450SX Class Championship Standings
- Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda (86)
- Cooper Webb, Newport N.C., KTM (80)
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki (77)
- Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna Bevery, Fla., Kawasaki (70)
- Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., GASGAS (69)
- Dylan Ferrandis, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Yamaha (67)
- Malcolm Stewart, Haines Metropolis, Fla., Yamaha (63)
- Justin Brayton, Charlotte, N.C., Honda (62)
- Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM (61)
- Zach Osborne, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna (58)
250SX Class podium (journeyrs left to proper) Michael Mosiman, Colt Nichols, and Jo Shimoda. Photograph Credit rating: Feld Leisure, Inc.
250SX Class Outcomes (Japanese Regional)
- Colt Nichols, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
- Michael Mosiman, Menifee, Calif., GASGAS
- Jo Shimoda, Menifee, Calif., Kawasaki
- Jett Lawrence, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Honda
- Christian Craig, Temecula, Calif., Yamaha
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Aledo, Tex., Honda
- Thomas Do, Murrieta, Calif., KTM
- John Brief, Pilot Level, Tex., Suzuki
- Joshua Osby, Valparaiso, Ind., Honda
- Grant Harlan, Justin Tex., Honda
250SX Class Championship Standings (Japanese Regional)
- Colt Nichols, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha (96)
- Christian Craig, Temecula, Calif., Yamaha (88)
- Jett Lawrence, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Honda (83)
- Jo Shimoda, Menifee, Calif., Kawasaki (77)
- Michael Mosiman, Menifee, Calif., GASGAS (76)
- Joshua Osby, Valparaiso, Ind., Honda (56)
- John Brief, Pilot Level, Tex., Suzuki (54)
- Mitchell Oldenburg, Aledo, Tex., Honda (51)
- Thomas Do, Murrieta, Calif., KTM (47)
- Max Vohland, Granite Bay, Calif., KTM (46)